Hmmm, something is kinda wierd. I'm only getting 100 views on the last chapter and no comments. That's isn't like you guys at all. Kinda disappointed. Whatever. It's all good though. Don't go back and comment now! School is back in session, so I apologize in advance for not updating as I should. Work with me here, barbz. I need feedback. I normally don't nag for comments forreal forreal but..yeah. I'm not that big on views either but DAMN. 100? Is it that bad of a chapter? Wait, don't forget to check out my new fiction I've been working on... I'm gonna update on that also. I promise I'm gonna try harder to not abandon you guys. I really like that fiction more than this one. The Link will be posted at the end of this chapter. Follow it please if you haven't already. Lol, now.. for your feature presentation....
"I'm never going back to school. Ever! Ever! Ever! Nothing in the world can make me walk back into that classroom." Kalia told Nicki in the kitchen while getting a cup of milk. It was around 10'olock at night, and she was checking her books to make sure everything that has to do with her finances were in order. Bills were paid, the girls tuition was paid, and she had more and more money to last her a long time. It was just that sometimes she would pay a bill or two late because Nicki was so into other things she would forget.
"No mortgage. Electric bill paid. Crap, dance and tutoring." Nic mumbled to herself giving all of her attention to her notebook and calculator.
Kalia was annoyed. She slammed her cup on the island where her mom was in hopes of getting a response. The loud noise suprised Nicki and the cup of milk spilled.
"I know, I know, I have to clean it up! I was just trying to get your attention." she made clear before Nicki could get a word out. She sighed.
"No, let me do it. I'll clean it up. It's the least I can do." she gestured for the paper towels near the microwave.
"You don't have to beat yourself up about this whole thing, ya know. If me & Sumer wouldn't have ran off and just waited until you got done talking we would have been completely fine!"
"It's not you girls fault at all and I don't want you to feel like that! How about this, how about we watch a movie and pop some popcorn? Unless you have other things in mind!!"
"Sure." she took a seat at the island in the kitchen.
"You wanna watch Ice Age?"
"No, that's a kid movie. Let's watch Battle Ship!! You and daddy have it." she spun around in the chair until she got dizzy.
"That's PG-13, so no."
"Fine then! Let's watch 'Lady In White" that isn't even opened up yet. It's in my room, I'll go get it."
"That movie is really long, but whatever. Tell Sumer to come down to then." Nicki yelled as she ran down the stairs. She made her way downstairs to the entertainment room to find Safaree and Caiah playing Call Of Duty.
"Cai, how you gon miss the dude right there? Shoot him nigga!!" Safaree yelled at the TV.
"I got this my nigga!" He said pausing the game.
"Your what?" Nicki walked infront of the television and powered off the gaming system, causing the men to throw thier controllers on the ground.
"Sis!!! Come on Nic you gotta move. We having man to man time!!" Cai begged.
"Man time is over!! Besides, you have homework! & Safaree the four of us having a movie night so your play time is over."
"Says who?" Safaree got up from his seat like he was ready to fight.
"Says who? Said me! Now go!!" Nicki ran up the steps as he followed behind her.
"Let me tap dat ass!" He hit her on the left cheek chasing her.
"Staaaaaaaahp Faree!!" she whined opening up the door the led to that kitchen.
'Today should be a pretty good night.' Nicki thought to herself. The girls seemed content, Cai was being Cai, and it seemed like her and Safaree were on good terms and had came to an understanding about everything...or did they? Everything was just moving too fast for her and she could only keep up with so many events occurring at once.
---------
"Daddy, turn the lights off!!" Kalia begged as the scary movie started.
Safaree walked to other end of the living room to the couch and turned off the light switch.
"Okay! Here are the rules. Don't spill any popcorn on my carpet. You drop it, you pick it up." Nicki made clear and she brought over the big bowl of popcorn.
"Shhhh!!! The movie is starting." Sumer wrapped herself up in her zebra print blanket as she layed her pillow down infront of her.
Safaree and Nicki sat opposite ends from each other. He kicked his legs up and placed them on her body, wiggling them in her face.
"Eww!! Get your stinky feet off of me!" She yelled ratchetly.
"I know you wannna smell them!!!!!" He laughed.
"No, I do-"
Cutting Nicki off, a pillow came flying at her upper body.
"Can you puhlease be quiet! We can't hear!" Kalia said as she rolled her eyes.
Nicki side-eyed Safaree, gesturing him to check his phone.
Nicki: -_-
Safaree: Hahahahahaha!!!!
Nicki: I bet they're gonna fall asleep within the next 20 minutes
Safaree: Probablyy.
In the middle of their conversation, Safaree had an incoming call from Rex and he had to take it. He maneuvered his way around the girls and took the call outside.
"What time you want me to meet you there Rex?" Safaree asked pacing back and forth down the driveway.
"Be there around 12:30, meet me at Pizza Hut parking lot. We're taking 2 cars to get there man. You tell Nicki about this?"
"Nah man, I can't do that. But I'll talk to you tonight, I gotta go before she gets suspicious."
Rex laughed on the other line. "Luuuuuuuuuug but alright. Bye."
Safaree processed everything that he was going to doo tonight. He's isn't only risking his life, but the people around him may not survive either. Did he have to turn back to his other way of life, lowkey in order to protect himself and his family? His mind raced. He had no option though, he had to do it. His family was no longer going to be harassed by some bitch ass niggas, but most importantly they weren't going to be harassed by something that was his fault.
When he walked back in the house, of course Nicki was on his case meeting him at the door-step.
"What happened?" she asked closing the door behind him.
"Nothing, I just had to take a call." He replied. 'Lie 1' he counted.
"Well, is everything okay? You just barged outta here."
"Everything is fine. I promise." Lie 2.
"Whatever you say, wierdo." he followed her back into the family room with thoughts of 'Is this plan going to work?'
To Nicki, this movie night was going just as she planned it to be in her head, boring as fuck. Normally there would be spilled snacks, a movie that caught her and Safaree's attention, and everything would seem more cheerful and authentic. This was just a dull, boring, and lonesome night. To ease her mind of all the tension, she got up from her spot and made her way to her bathroom, careful not to make any noise so the girls wouldn't notice. Nicki got out her blue boy shorts, and a white t-shirt that was 2 sizes to big. No care in the world though, she liked it like that. As she was placing her hair in the messy bun, Nicki heard a knock at her door and went to answer it.
"Help me with this dumb writing assignment." demanded Cai barging in through her door with his Mac Laptop in hand.
"Why didn't you ask earlier? Why were you playing video games when you could have been doing this?" Nic was dissapointed.
"I'm sorry. Just help me with the opening paragraph and I'll finish the rest by myself.
"You have to write a whole essay in one night and you're just now starting?"
"Are you gonna lecture me, or are you gonna help me?" he asked rolling his eyes.
"I guess, Micaiah." Her eyes scanned over the writing prompt.
"You need a hook, something to grab the reader's attention. Start with a quote."
He tapped his finger over the touch pad while thinking of something. "I can't!"
"C'mon! You aren't even trying!"
"I got it." He said as he started typing the words onto the word document. Within seconds, he was typing away a whole paragraph. "Okay. Got it!"
"You don't want me to proof read it for you?"
"Nooooooooo."
Nicki got up from her spot on the bed, and went to her bathroom to run her some nice, warm, bathwater. 'Finally, I have time to relax by myself' she thought as she stepped into the water with her right foot first. She cringed at the temperature at first, but then got used to it. To the left, was a section in her bathtub that held lotions, body scrubbers, bubble bath, and soap. Nicki started to wash herself up and at that moment everything was tranquil. No problems at all. She was in a peaceful trance with her mind, body, and spirit.
-------
"You have to carry her, Nic!"
"I'm not picking her up, Safaree. She isn't 3." The girls had fell asleep sprawled out across the living room floor.
"So you're gonna let them sleep here the whole night on this uncomfortable carpet?" he asked.
Nicki sighed. "Do something about it, Safaree. But I'm going to sleep." He was getting beyond irritated because he had to leave soon to meet Rex at the meeting location and of course Nicki was being stubborn as ever.
"Whatever."
Safaree kneeled down, picked up summer, and made his way to the grandstaircase.
"Put me down, put me down." she murmered in her sleep. "The dog is gonna get you. Runnn." she said softly. He laughed as she always talked in her sleep. He thought it was cute. When he got upstairs to her room, he placed her in her bed and tucked her in. As he examined one of his most prized possessions, he rethought about tonight's plans.. how he was about to put his family in danger even more than they already are. But, someone had to do it and it was going to get done.
As Safaree turned the corner to go back downstairs, Kalia was already halfway up the stairs dragging her pillow and blanket.
"I don't wanna sleep up here by myself! I'm scared." she yawned. "Can I sleep with you and mommy?" she asked waiting for a reply.
He sighed. "I guess."
The two walked down the grand staircase into Nicki's room and Kalia creaked the door open. As she crawled into the bed, got on her dad's side, she pulled the covers back and got comfortable. Safaree then opened his closet slowly, not to wake anyone up to get himself a jacket. After that, he got his keys from the drawer and started to creep out of his bedroom door.
"Wait, where are you going Daddy?" Kalia whispered.
"I'm going out with the guys, I'll be back. Just sleep tight."
He thought everyone in the house was sleep, until he saw Cai getting some water from the kitchen.
"Where you goin?" he asked placing his glass on the table.
"To handle some business. Shouldn't you be asleep for school?"
"I'm just getting some water."
"Okay, well if anyone asks tell them I'll be right back. Don't stay up to late."
"Sure." replied Cai walking away.
As Safaree turned to unlock the front door to go to his car, he took one final glance at his home and the family pictures on the wall. He had to. Leaving the thought behind, he went outside to his Range and called Rex.
"Aye, I'm on my way. You got all the guns?"
"I'm loaded in the back. We got more than enough. Home dude Rick hook us up!"
"Rick? What does he do?" He stopped at a stop light.
"He coaches girls basketballs for this team, I don't know."
Safaree's mind raced at the thought of Rick knowing about him taking part in this event and would he tell Nicki. Or even think bad about him.
"Did you mention him to me?"
"Nah son."
"Thank God." replied Faree with a sigh of relief.
"But one thing, Safaree. Are you sure you still wanna do this? You don't have to."
"I'm sure Rex, I'm positive."
http://astepinthenameoflove.blogspot.com/2012/08/well.html
Sorry I didn't comment on the last post. I forgot.. What is safaree getting hisself into that could hurt him and his fan. I know he not trying to kill the man what if everything goes wrong. He better not mess this up. I'm glad they were binding together & he should of told nicki
ReplyDeleteLorrrd. I hope all goes well with whatever Safaree and Rex are about to do. I would hate for him or his family to get hurt.
ReplyDeleteWhy is Safaree doing this!!!! D: noooooooooo Safaree pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Lool anywayyyy; this is a VERY good story! It builds suspense! It makes you wanna read on! Keep posting!! ^_^
ReplyDeleteSB is doing the absolute most and I need him to not, ok. No. Make everything better. I done told ya lil ass about this fuckery. Fix it .-. >_>
ReplyDeleteLettuce Pray......
ReplyDelete