The morning at the hospital was crazy as ever. Up tight surgeons, annoying desk clerks, and the cold air was brutal. Carol's surgery was scheduled for 9'o'clock but of course the surgeon was late. She decided that instead of removing her whole breast, she just wanted to get a lumpectomy which just removed the lump. The family was seated in the waiting room while a nurse by the name of 'Michelle' was coming in their direction.
"Hi, I'm Michelle. I just wanted to say sorry for the delay, our department has been really hectic this morning. Before you go in for your surgery, I wanted to go over the risks with you again.. not to change your mind or anything but for you to become aware of what could happen. But, the chances are very slim."
Carol nodded her head.
"After the surgery, you may find scarring and it may become asymmetrical in relation to the other breast. Nerve damage is also a possibility. But, like I said before very few women have that. Now, you're going through radiation afterwards, correct?"
"Yes mam."
"You don't have to worry about hair loss because there isn't hair in the area that we're treating. There may be rashing, nausea, and a loss of appetite. All of the billing information has been completed. You can meet me in room 436 to the right of this corner in 10 minutes."
Michelle gathered her clipboard and left the family.
"Mom, everything is going to be just fine you don't have to worry about anything." said Caiah.
Nicki was so busy on her phone trying to contact Safaree that she payed no attention to what the nurse was saying or what was going around her.
Nicki: Are you still coming?
Safaree: I told you your mom does NOT want me there.
Nicki: whatever. if you change your mind then we're on the 3rd floor in the waiting room.
Safaree: If you really want me to come that bad then I'll come.
A smile grew upon her face.
Nicki: Really? Yay!! Can you bring the girls McDonalds or something? They're hungry.
Safaree: Yeah yeah yeah. You know those reservations I made us a while ago that we never used..
Nicki: yes
Safaree: Well, how about we go to that restaurant tonight and talk things out?
Nicki: Tonight? I don't know. With my mom staying overnight in the hospital and the girls having school tomorrow.. what about another day?
Safaree: Don't push me away
"Nicki!! Nicki!" Caiah tried to get her attention from her phone.
"Oh, sorry. What?" Carol sighed.
"Can we pray before I have to go?" she asked.
The five of them stood, held hands, and Nicki lead the prayer.
"God of Power and might, please be with Carol during her lumpectomy. Her body is your creation, O Lord. Guide the surgeons hands that changes it, that it might heal and function better. In your name we pray, amen."
-----
Safaree entered the double doors about 30 minutes later to find Nicki and the girls sound asleep across the blue plastic chairs. He didn't wake them up, he adored how Nicki looked when she was asleep. To him, she was pure beauty and no one was more beautiful than her. 'Why am I doing this?' he thought to himself. "I really shouldn't be doing doing this to my family. They deserve better." He whispered to himself while playing in Nicki's hair. She stirred around a little bit which caused her to wake up. "Safaree, you're hear!" she whispered to him while tickling his mustache. He giggled.
"I missed you, and I'm sorry for last night and I have something to tell you." He told her.
"I miss you being at home. I miss the old you. You aren't the same Safaree I fell in love with. Your personality, your attitude, who you are, the way you treat me, it's just changed. You've never treated me as bad as you have these past months or two. I don't get you anymore. I don't even know you." She grabbed his hand and motioned him to follow her to the vending machine across the hall. He leaned on
the machine and reached out for her hand but she wouldn't let him hold it.
"Nic, hear me out.."
"You don't understand how many towels I've thrown in to make this work. I'm tired of trying to make it work, I really am. I really don't wanna give up but.." she sighed.
"Let me be honest with you right now. You might hate me after but I really have to tell you." Nicki's eyes grew big with curiosity. "I've been seeing Kiara. But, not like that. We just.."
"Just what, Safaree?"
"We've just been meeting a couple of times to talk things out."
"God, Safaree what is there to work out?" She asked raising her voice. The desk clerk looked over so they decided to go outside.
"Our friendship, why she's here and stuff like that. Me and you though. We aren't done talking we have more to talk about at home and I guarantee you're gonna hate me."
"Every time I think it's better you just make it worse by doing dumb shit. Can we not do this now? I have something bigger to worry about right now. If this is the only reason you came then you can leave."
He grabbed her arm SOFTLY -_-
"Do you believe in us, Onika?"
"Yes! I do!"
"Let me move back in."
She stared into his dark, brown eyes remembering why she fell in love with him. 'I hope I don't regret this.' she thought to herself. Nicki sighed.
"Okay. Just please don't hurt me again and walk out. I know you're better than this." she threw herself into a hug and took in his cologne.
"I promise." He stared down at her and smiled.
------
"Mrs. Samuels, your mother is now in recovery on the 4th floor in room 300. Her surgery went exceptionally well." the nurse Michelle said to the family.
"Caiah, Li, Sumer, wake up guys!" Safaree said shaking each of them.
"I told you everything was going to work out just fine, didn't I?" Nicki said hugging her brother.
"Yeah, I guess." He smirked.
"Why are you here?" Kalia said pressing the 3rd floor button in the elevator.
"Kalia, stop." Nicki shut her down.
"I'm your father, why wouldn't I be here?"
"Safaree, chill." Caiah said annoyed being in the middle of the situation.
"My bad guy." he gave Nicki a side eye.
They made it to the recovery room to find Carol asleep with IV's attached to her arm and gauze around her upper left breast to her shoulder. Safaree stood outside of the door, not wanting to come in.
"Okay, she's gonna be in here for about 3 days. She can't go home just yet because we have to monitor everything to make sure nothing goes wrong and everything is on level." Michelle told them. Carol woke up and first noticed Safaree in the door way.
"Safaree?!" She struggled to say. Caiah escorted himself and the girls outside of the room so the three of them could talk.
"It's me. Look, if you don't want me here then I can leave." he said walking in.
"Boy. I know its you. I can notice that big head of yours 10 miles away." she laughed.
"How you feeling, Ma?" Nicki asked holding her hand.
"Nicki, I feel fine. I wish yall wouldn't worry about me so much. You and Safaree just work need to work. I don't really want that man arrested. Nicki, stop being so stubborn and vulnerable. Don't keep making the same mistake over and over. And Safaree, I don't know what happened to you but somethings changed and its messing up your whole family. During my surgery, I had a dream. And in that dream, you guys were divorced and unstable. Nicki, you let it affect your career. Safaree, there were no more jewels or anything. Don't let that happen, please. Be honest with eachother. No matter how much it hurts, you have to be honest."
Nicki allowed a tear to fall.
"If you don't work out for me, do it for ya kids. They can't grow up seeing you guys like this and you know that. Go out tonight and talk. Caiah has all his clothes and school stuff with him so you don't have to go back to the house. Have him watch the girls."
"Okay. Uhm, we have to go. We'll call you." They said their goodbyes and left the hospital.
-----
"Micaiah, stop! Sumer said. He was trying to continuously let the window down when she wanted it up.
"It's hot in here, no!"
Nicki sighed and let all the windows up from the driver seat and turned on the air conditioner. They pulled up the mansion, parked in the garage, and Safaree came up white behind him in his black range.
"I cancelled my lease." he said opening up the door for her.
"That's good. Now what about all that furniture you bought? It's not going in the girls room because we just got them that new set." she asked opening up the door in the garage.
"Send it back."
"And waste all that money we spent?" Nicki said looking back at him.
He shook his head. "Man I missed your ways."
"Faree, can you tell me what you need to tell me now so I can go take a nap?" she threw her purse on the island and took a seat.
"It might be better if your kids told you." she was dumbfounded.
"Sa..far..ee what are you tawkin about?" she said in her deep NY accent. He called them to the kitchen.
"What? We're playing on the Wii and I'm winning!!" Sumer groaned.
"Tell mom about what happened at Starbucks." He demanded.
"You told us not to tell her." Kalia added taking a seat across from Nicki.
"Well, now I'm telling you tell her."
"Okay. Basically he went to go see Kiara. They were holding hands. Then me and Sumer left. He left up in the car for 2 hours. Then, some man in all back was trying to get in the car and cracked the window and then basically he tried to kill us until I kicked him in the balls. Then, your husband over here aint even believe us! And when he came out from with Kiara he didn't have a shirt on. I tried calling you on Onstar in the car but it wasn't working!" Kalia explained.
"What she said." Sumer said peeling an orange.
Safaree didn't take his eyes off of Nicki the whole time. He tried to read her facial expression but it was.. blank. The girls figured out that it was their que to leave and them handle the conversation.
"I deadass can't believe you. You left my kids in a car for over an hour... then a man... I can't even think about that! Why the hell was your shirt off?"
"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking at the time."
"Is that all you can say right now is sorry?"
"What the hell do you want me to say to you, Nicki?"
"I don't know, Safaree! What did you do with her?"
He didn't say anything.
"I said WHAT did you do with her?" she yelled.
"Nothing! I swear on my fathers grave, I did nothing!"
"Then why was your shirt off?"
"It was hot.."
"Oh yeah, I really believe that!"
Nicki got up, pushed her chair in and made her way to the master bedroom. Safaree got behind her and spun her around.
"What? What could you possibly want?" she yelled.
"You!" Their lips clashed. Into a deep kiss they went..filled with lust, yet love. He missed her. She missed him. What he had been missing was right here in his arms.
You guys went over the top with comments last time (: thank you!!!! I appreciate it! 10 comments on this please & thank you.
Awwwwww this one was sweet.I am glad he is getting some act right back!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Safare is being the Safaree i know now .. I hope they work things out for the better
ReplyDeleteAwwwww yay I'm glad they worked it out and they talked and she's letting him back in. I'm glad mama carol wants them to work it out too. Oh lord really because it was hot, he really wants her to believe that?? I just want then to put it all behind them and yes the kiss!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy...!!! They made up
ReplyDeleteSafaree *shakes head* he left his kids in his car for pussy tho? But im glad their back together, maybe they can actually be a family.
ReplyDeleteHappy isnt even the word. Elted :)n I'm so happy right now.
ReplyDeleteYes! Make up sex is the best - that's if they go that far
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I feel about this, tbh.
ReplyDelete