Monday, July 9, 2012

Savor The Moment [pt. 2]

Within 20 minutes, they made their way to 'Griffith Park.' Safaree got out, and made his way to the other door to help Nicki out of the black stretch limo. Then, he had Eve pop the trunk to get out their blanket and picnic basket.

"Safaree! We're having a picnic!" She danced in her heels.

"No, we're just gonna sit in park and feed the damn birds." He joked.

"Shutup!" She playfully hit him on the shoulder.

He led her to a nice spot in the park. Luckily, there were no people around. Nicki helped lay out the light blue long blanket and unloaded the brown striped picnic basket. To her surprise, there were also candles and a lighter.

"Faree, are we gonna get bit by bugs?" She questioned lighting the Vanilla flavored candle.

"Nicki, we're in the park. Do you want bugspray?"

"No." she whispered.

Also, in the basket were two bottles of champagne, two wine glasses,  antipaso spread, olives, cheese, cold meat, pickled artichokes, a good loaf of bread, and strawberries to dip in chocolate. Safaree popped open the wine bottle and poured it into both glasses and handed Nicki hers.

"To us?" She lifted her glass.

To us." Their glasses clinked and they both took a sip then leaned in for a kiss that felt like forever.

"Oh, dont mind us. We're just taking a nice walk." The old man said taking out his handkerchief.

Looking up, Safaree spotted an elderly couple walking down the path linked arm in arm. Nicki half smiled.

"Oh, no. You guys are good." Safaree said taking out the bread.

"We're good? See, thats whats wrong with yall young couples these days. You don't know how treat your elders." The lady snapped.

"Excuse me? Nicki exxclaimed. Safaree layed his hand on her thigh signaling her to calm down.

"You heard exactly what I said!"

"Patrice, be nice. We don't know them and they're not that young." Her husband said.

Patrice sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry. I get a little carried away." She mentioned.

"Do you guys mind if we sit here?" The main asked motioning toward the bench across from them.

"Um, we're kind of on a date. If you don't mind, I'm sorry." Safaree said.

"Oh, we're just star gazing. We won't be a bother." he replied.

Nicki could tell they were stubborn as hell.


----- back at home.

"Cai, do you know when mommy and daddy are gonna be back?" Sumer asked hopping into bed.

"They'll be home soon. Don't trip. When you wake up in the morning then they'll be here."

"What if that guy comes back?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"When daddy met up with Kiara some guy was trying to kill us." she gripped her covers.

"Sumer, no one is coming into the house, okay? Don't worry. Just pray, close your eyes, and get some sleep."

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise!" He turned off the lights and made his way to the guest room.

--------

Back at the park, the couple was still there and insisted on staying and made it very clear that they weren't leaving anytime soon. Who did they think they were? Disturbing their picnic in the park that's supposed to be perfect.

"Safaree, we can just go. We aren't getting any privacy." Nicki whispered.

"No. This night is supposed to be perfect and it' not about to get fucked up by this old ass couple. I have a nice jazz band coming."

"Faree. You didn't have to." She leaned on his shoulder and took in his scent.

"I know I didn't. But, I wanted to. We haven't spent a lot of time together and I wanted this to count. You mean the world to me, you really do." He kissed her forehead.

"Thank you." Nicki messed with her wedding ring. "Safaree, do you think we should renew our vows?"

"Why?"

"Because! We've been through a lot and... I don't wanna talk about it anymore. If you don't want to then we don't have to."

"I would love to." He wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Seriously, babe?"

"Why not." "Nicki, look. You see that star to the far right?" He asked pointing to the sky.

"Yea? What about it?" She layed on her back and Safaree followed.

"It's name is Onika."

She laughed. "Why that name?"

"It shines the brightest out of all the stars. It's not with the rest of the crowd, it's doing its own thing not worrying about the others."

Nicki laughed. "That was so corny but cute."

"Nic, look! It's a shooting star! Make a wish."

She gasped as the star passed them over their heads.

"That was beautiful."

"What did you wish for?" Nicki asked Safaree while holding his hand.

"I wished for you to be happy. That's all I would ever want in this world." He looked into her eyes.

She kissed his cheek. "I fly with the stars in the skies.." she laughed.

"Yo, you are so dumb."

3 men and a woman in black suits and instruments came down their path playing and singing 'All that you are' by Ella Fitzgerald.

She sung...

After about an hour of sweet tunes, wine, strawberries dipped in chocolate, and finger sandwiches the couple was ready to make they're way home.


"Safaree, that was the most sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you, babe. I really loved tonight and I really appreciate it." She said unlocking the front door and turning on the hallway light.

"Anytime, beautiful."

Safaree made his way up stairs before he got settled in to make sure the girls and Caiah were in bed and found Sumer crying. He opened up her door and turned on her light.

"Sumer, whats wrong? Why you cryin? It's really late." He said sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"Daddy, I'm scared. What if that guy comes back and tries to hurt us? I don't want anything to happen. Please don't make me go to school tomorrow!" she cried.

"He isn't coming back, okay? Nobody is going to hurt us. I promise. Get some sleep." He gave her a kiss on her forehead, turned off her light, closed the door, and made his way back downstairs.

"What wush shat all avout?" Nicki asked brushing her teeth as he made his way into the master bedroom.

"Nothing."

"No! Tell me! I wanna know!"

"Can we talk about it tomorrow?" He asked obviously annoyed.

"Fine." She hopped into the bed and layed down. "Faree, hurry up and change. I feel lonely in the bed without you."

"I'm coming." He got into the bed and cuddled next to Nicki behind her. "You know what I've wanted to tell you since the park?"

"What?"

"You are the angel glow that lights a star."

"You wanna know what you are?" Nicki asked turning off the lamp next to her..

"What?"

"The best thing I ever had."


10 COMMENTS

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwww they are sooooo cute!!!! Damn as scared as she is I hope the guy doesn't come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That date was everything! I'm glad they're growing stronger and I'm excited to see what's next! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That date was too cute. Dead at the old couple intruding their way into their date. Poor summer I hope that guy doesn't come back or try to hurt them. And Im glad that nicki and Sb are working everything out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw the picnic is mad cute, I'm glad they gettin back good. Dead, that old lady was just rude for no damn reason. Nic was bout to go off on her lol. Aw poor lil Sumer is scared, nothing better happen to them. The date ended so beautiful, the lil band and the star story... Just beautiful. Glad they enjoyed each other company. Aw I feel so bad for Sumer, like she is really scared that guy is goin to come bck. I hope nothing happens.
    This was just CUTE.
    @NickiMmemphis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww cute date. Them old ppl was rude af. lol. Awww my poor baby Sumer. :( They need to all sit down and talk about what happened cuz that's pretty traumatic, especially for a 7&8 y.o.

    ReplyDelete